Got a new Sewing Machine! And it’s pink!
Posted July 22, 2010on:
- In: Uncategorized
- 15 Comments
Yep, this is the new sewing machine I got! It was only $110 on Amazon, plus I recently took advantage of the 1-year free Amazon Prime for students (hehe thanks .edu email address) so I got free 2-day shipping yay! I was so excited when I saw the giant box sitting outside my apartment door when I got home :). So much sewing and crafting to do!!!
There were a lot of options when I was shopping around, but this was pretty inexpensive, and had pretty good reviews on Amazon (mostly 4 stars). The picture is kind of small, but you can see it has lots of dials to adjust everything, very cool- stitch length, stitch width, different stitch types, and not sure what the last one is…maybe stitch tension? I skimmed through the user manual and was impressed, it has pictures and clear instructions thank you!! I still had to look up online though more about how to sew a zipper on by machine, didn’t really find anything too helpful…but it made sense after I put the zipper foot on, and there are 2 different sides you can attach the zipper foot on, depending which side of the zipper you are sewing. Anyway I thought it was pretty cool…and useful…okay and I may have also wanted to like this sewing machine because it happens to be PINK. At school I used to have a pink TI-83 graphing calculator and it was always easy to find when I lost it cause someone would find it and say who has a pink TI-83??
Anyway, I’m finishing up the first 2 knit wristlet purses I’ve been working on! I had hand-sewn a lining in the first one, before I had ordered the sewing machine, and then I thought it would really be better and sturdier to sew the lining on the machine so I took it apart :(. All that time spent making tiny little hand stitches…dohh! And I actually went fabric shopping, again, and got some nicer fabrics, one is really shiny, and pink, and looks great on the inside of the purse! The other purse lining is softer but still a little shiny, and black.
I sewed the lining to the zippers, which sounded a little scary at first, and I put a ton of pins to hold it in place, but it got a lot easier and I only really needed a few pins by the last side :). Right now the little purses are sitting on the table, with the knit outside pinned to the finished lining, just a little more sewing (by hand) to attach the lining! yay!